Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Theodoridis, A. G., Goggin, S. N., and Deichert, M. (Forthcoming). Separated by politics? Disentangling the dimensions of discrimination. Political Behavior.
- Co-winner of the APSA Elections, Public Opinion, and Voting Behavior (EPOVB) 2019 Best Paper Award
- Henderson, J. A., Sheagley, G., Goggin, S. N., Dancey, L., and Theodoridis, A. G. (2022). Primary divisions: How voters evaluate policy and group differences in intra-party contests. The Journal of Politics. 84(3): 1760-1776
- Goggin, S. N., Henderson, J. A., and Theodoridis, A. G. (2020). What goes with red and blue? Mapping partisan and ideological associations in the minds of voters. Political Behavior. 42(4): 985-1013
- Goggin, S. N. (2019). How quickly we selectively forget: Experimental tests of information order on memory and candidate evaluation. Political Psychology. 40(1): 125-145
- Goggin, S. N., and Theodoridis, A. G. (2017). Disputed Ownership: Parties, issues, and traits in the minds of voters. Political Behavior. 39(3): 675-702
- Johnston, T. M., and Goggin, S. N. (2015). Presidential confidence in crisis: Blame, media, and the BP oil spill. Presidential Studies Quarterly. 45(3): 467-489
- Greene, K. K., Byrne, M. D., and Goggin, S. N. (2013). How to build an under-voting machine: Lessons from an alternative ballot design. Journal of Election Technology and Systems. 1(1): 38-52
- Goggin, S. N., Byrne, M. D., and Gilbert, J. E. (2012). Post-election auditing: Effects of procedure and ballot type on manual counting accuracy, efficiency, and auditor satisfaction and confidence. Election Law Journal: Rules, Politics, and Policy. 11(1): 36-51
- McDaniel, M. J., Beier, M. E., Perkins, A. W., Goggin, S. N., and Frankel, B. (2009). An assessment of the
fakeability of self-report and implicit personality measures. Journal of Research in Personality. 43: 682-685
- Goggin, S. N., Nail, S. A., and Theodoridis, A. G. (2020) Partisanship and political cognition. In Oxford Encyclopedia of Political Decision Making.
- Goggin, S. N., and Theodoridis, A. G. (2018). Seeing red (or blue): How party identity colors political cognition. The Forum. 16(1): 81-95
- Goggin, S. N., Byrne, M. D., Gilbert, J. E., Rogers, G., and McClendon, J. (2008). Comparing the auditability of optical scan, voter verified paper audit trail (VVPAT) and video (VVVAT) ballot systems. In Proceedings of the 2008 USENIX/ACCURATE Electronic Voting Technology Workshop. San Jose, CA.
- Goggin, S. N.(2008). Usability of election technologies: Effects of political motivation and instruction use. In The Rice Cultivator. 1: 30-45
- Goggin, S. N., and Byrne, M. D. (2007). An examination of the auditability of voter verified paper audit trail (VVPAT) ballots. In Proceedings of the 2007 USENIX/ACCURATE Electronic Voting Technology Workshop. Boston, MA.